Shoul I leave?

Husband and I have been fighting for almost a year. He doesn't help me at all. I am disabled and lost my job I had for 18 years because of it. I am a homemaker now. We fight all the time over him disrespecting me. Here is example, I have been sick with a sore throat, fever of 102, and severe coughing for a week. Yesterday, our neighbors let their dogs out all day barking so I had to close the Windows to get any sleep. Told my husband at work how upset I was. Well around 6:00 pm I'm half sleeping in bed , he sneaks up to the bedroom and proceeds to bark like a wild dog in my ear, scaring the shit out of me. I yelled at him and he left the room.I haven't spoken to him since. He hasn't come up to the bedroom to see how I'm feeling or ask me if I need anything. Ins now Sunday morning and still not a word from him. He did leave a sink full of dishes and a hamper full of dirty clothes and a messy house for me. Nice huh? I guess mommy is not permitted to get sick.

moonchild900

Asked by moonchild900 at 7:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• I'd say get him into counseling or leave him. Sure sounds like an unhealthy relationship to me.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 7:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• This is a personal choice you can't leave up to others, but for me this wouldn't be enough of a reason to leave a marriage.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Lack of Communication. Sounds like counseling is in order. If you are completely fed up then leave, but that has got to be your choice. I wouldn't leave because of it, but you know what they say about payback.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Counciling for sure! I'd be beyond pissed if my husband barked in my ear like that! Try counciling and work on ur marriage before you just give up!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• He's communicating something to you, he's just doing a piss poor job at it. He needs to put away his passive aggressiveness and communicate like an adult. Counseling would be the best way to work on this together. Perhaps including a neutral third party will help tone it down and get the both of you talking about what's really going on.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Has he ever helped around the house. How old is he. He sound either young or immature.

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Do you have a plan?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• first get better take care of yourself , avoid getting into more with him. when you feel better think through your options and change what you need to whether you stay or go. I try not to be too dependent on a DH , your kids first when they are younger . Hope you feel better soon.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• You know, that's borderlines on abuse, barking at you like that. Does he do stuff like that often?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• You've only provided one incident. If this is just the latest in a pattern, then my question is why the hell are you still there?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2013