If you had the choice

and your mom (or someone you trust as much as a parent) was taking your kids to the pool, would you rather go with them or stay home and do whatever you want for an hour/hour and a half?

it has sort of become an unspoken tradition around here every other sunday lol.... sometimes i feel guilty that i don't go with but then i spend 24/7 with my kids and we do other fun things together, and i rarely get time for myself. this is when i can go for a bike ride or do other exercises, clean, read, relax, go to the store.... whatever i need/want to do.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My mil takes the kids out for lunch etc, it gives dh and me some much needed alone time.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I'm torn. I really love swimming myself, so I'd really kind of want to go. lol I'd hate to miss a chance to swim. But at the same time, we homeschool so the kids and I are together 24/7 basically, and the idea of them getting to spend some quality time alone with their grandma or someone else, and me having some me time is also kind of nice.

I guess I'd probably end up letting them go and enjoy the time to do what I want without interruption. Me time is important.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I love to swim so that would be a hard one for me. Now if it were another activity or they were going to the beach to swim I would be all over staying home and having me time!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• My bestie takes my kids here and there ( lives an hr away) and when she does that's her time with my girls and my alone time! I'm the only one who raises my kids so I need the break from them here and there :)
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I love going to the pool, so I'd go. If she took them to do something else then I'd probably stay home.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• i like going to the pool also, but we go so frequently that i dont mind missing out every now and then. but she ended up taking them to the water park anyway today
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Don't feel guilty, enjoy your free time.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Let them go alone. You need some "me time"

Answer by louise2 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Depends on how badly I needed a break I guess. Some days I would want to go to get the fresh air & sunshine. Other times I would use the me time. Don't ever feel guilty for taking time to yourself!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Nope grandparent time although if you choose to go it is nice for your mom to bond with you too.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2013