Now that most every district has started classes....

are you liking your kids teachers so far?

My sons is AWESOME. She is very into emailing... 3 times on the first day even. She seems super sharp. Not much to say about daughters 2nd grade teacher yet other than my daughter has a girl crush on her keeps saying how pretty she is :) Also she seems to have picked up on my daughters helpful nature and paired her as the morning helper for the girl from another country (not sure what country yet, daughter keeps forgetting)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• I think she's wonderful! She's awesome, and amazing, talented, and organized and all around great. Oh, did I mention we homeschool and I'M their teacher? LOL

Seriously, though, that's great that your kids seem to have great teachers. When my kids went to public school, they had a pretty equal division of great teachers, okay teachers and awful teachers that I couldn't understand how they even became a teacher. I was always so grateful when they got a good one.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Their home room teachers seem pretty nice. DS has three teachers during his day so I don't know much about the other two teachers. DD (3rd grade) has two teachers and she likes them both. Her home room teacher is nice until you break a rule, and then she gets really strict. I think they have been cracking down hard I the kids early in the year to hopefully whip them into a habit of good behavior. They all communicate with the parents via email, so all has been good on that front.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• so far yes, she's a really nice lady and my kid likes her also. i like her better than her K teacher last year.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I love her and so does my son, of course I am his teacher and I rock.

I am glad you got some great teachers this year. That always makes the school year better. DS had an awesome teacher last year, she was amazing at communicating and doing everything in her power to help DS. I wish they were all like her.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I do for the most part. DD has some questionable teachers.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Too soon to tell. Two of the teachers are new to her school & are still getting acclimated. But the one thing that upsets me is that they do not take RR breaks as a class, so when a child needs to go, they are supposed to ask. The problem with this system is that 1 teacher will say "NO' and thinks the other teacher will allow it when they switch classes. Then that teacher says "NO", so my child is forced to hold it far too long. She is not a behavior problem & should be able to perform that basic human function when she needs to. We are going to have words about that issue & soon.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I've been happy with the teachers. Our school has two full time teachers (one for the elementary group & one for the middle school) and a couple of part-time employees on the teaching staff as well. One of the full-time teachers is new to the school (I was on the search committee so I was actively involved in the search & the hiring process) and she has made a good impression on me & my kids.

I am impressed with the way they have been responding to various small issues....really approaching issues/problems from the angle of sharing information (explaining reasons FOR the different standards) while continuing to communicate their expectations regularly. So the littlest kids who are in school for the first time are hearing the expectations (such as, around how to sit in the group) and receiving reminders as needed, but also are hearing the context of why these particulars are asked of them. This communicates trust & respect.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• yep, my dd got the teacher we both wanted her to have. she is amazing :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• My son's teacher is new to the school. She's got a master's in psychology, a master's in something else, some other degree, and a 2 year in computer technologies.

Got a reply from her to an email I sent via her iPhone. My other child's teacher checks her email once a week.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• IDK how I feel about my kids' teacher this year.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2013