Did you write up a birthing plan? What did it include?

I'm getting ready to write up a birthing plan. I didn't with my first daughter and regretted it greatly. I had verbally expressed my wishes for the birth to my doctors but once the day came it was like they'd forgotten or didn't care. This time I want something written up that they will look at prior to and the day of.

I'm not sure what all I'm going to include yet. Did you have a birthing plan? What did you put on it? What were the most important things to you and were wishes for the birth respected?

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I tried, but the whole thing flew out the window due to complications. Just take things as they come. If your doctors need a reminder of what you want Yell it to them and keep your legs closed until they listen.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• My Birthing Plan:
    Go to hospital
    Have baby

Had a perfect experience each time.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Seriously??

God, I'm old!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I did, it was a total waste of time.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Birthing Plan??

I have never heard of that!
    I just went to the hospital, gave birth and came home.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• nope.. but if i did mine would say: survive.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• LOL! I'm pretty sure if I had, it wouldn't have included an emergency c-section. I don't think anyone did that back in the day....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Yeah, a birthing plan. Where you write down your expectations and wishes. Like if you want an epidural or not, who you want in the room, if you want to use a different position other than laying on your back to push...etc.
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Keep it simple and make sure whoever will be with you.....husband, mother, friend........has a copy and knows your wishes beforehand. Your doctor should certainly have a copy, but these things often get overlooked when the time comes. Don't over think it. Not every scenario can be anticipated.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• You just tell them, call the anesthesiologist, if you want an epidural.
    If you dont want one just tell them no thanks.
    Why does it have to be written down?

Don't want random people showing up while you're delivering, dont tell anyone youre going to the hospital.
    There is no reason for it to be complicated.

No one has time to read and re read what ever you've written out. They have other patients, sometimes in crises.
    And if you want to change positions then you cant have an epidural. Once you get that shot you and baby have to be monitored for distress
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2013