Dose anyone have any adivce on moving eight hours from your home town with a newbron?

Ill be moving in a few months. I'm having mixed thoughts leaving all my family and friends for a barely any family. My husband got a job that makes good money up there we will have a house or apt. I'm just having worries about leaving everyone and how I'm gonna deal with it.

Amber94

Asked by Amber94 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Travel

• Get involved in a mom's group of some kind right away. I wish I had years ago. Look at the notices at the library and check out meetup.com to find groups you can join. Good luck!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 4:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• yeah- join a group otherwise you'll go batty
    even if it's a bowling league, get out of the house
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• You'll be fine, lots to do where your moving, if you like snow. :)
    Plus, the town your moving to has the BEST doughnuts ever!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 4:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• You just do it...it'll be fine

we have moved MANY times and have not lived near any family at all in 10 yrs and proir to that we only did off and on- and even when we were closer we never really saw them so...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• mommy and me classes are great
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• That's the easiest time to move with a baby! I've done it with a 6 day old and a 3 month old, both times they slept the whole way and most of the moving stuff in/out time too. Join a gym, or something like that and you'll meet new friends soon enough!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Join a church, a gym, a mom group, a sewing circle, a sports league, whatever it is that will make you happy and help you meet new friends. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2013