My Birthday.

Does your DH/SO ask you what you want? Mine does every year, and then when I tell him he gets all pissy and say's, "well let me see if I can pull that out of my ass"... Umm why did he ask in the first place... All I said was a picnic table, (that he said he would build me 3 years ago)....
Last year we happened to buy a car a week before my B-day, and he said that was my present... Guess he took the easy way out on that one..

So now he says I should just go get myself what I want... Okay, if you say so, just don't be pissed when I go spend as much as I want too,lol.....

So how would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• as long as he doesn't buy me any more household goods IDGAF.
    seriously, a fucking vacuum or blender doesn't count as a present
    it's a push to do housework : /
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Honestly, I don't expect for him to make a fuss on my birthday. We have a kind of tradition that for birthdays we'll go out to eat, stop by a bookstore and/or a video game store. That way we're really just enjoying each other's company, which is better, IMO, than him buying me something and "surprising" me.

He sneaks sometimes, though. This past year we went out to eat and when we got home he said he was taking our son out to get something and came back with a surprise for me, just because he knew I would never buy it for myself. But honestly, I'm really frugal, so even if we just had a homemade cake and cuddled on the couch I'd be happy.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• just go buy your picnic table, they shoudl be close to clearance already
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• We either buy something as a suprise ( a small something ) or we just dont worry about it since during the year we do for ourselves. As in this weekend we bought new appliances for kitchen so that is our Christmas for each other. We will focus on kids now.

If we bought a car a week before my b-day that would have be just fine with me.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I think he is kind of being a jerk.

As far as my husband, I don't really expect/want anything. I'm not huge on birthdays. Which frustrates him lol. He usually get me an itunes card. That is my gift in place of flowers for all occasions(I think flowers are a waste of money).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• We do cards and I just buy something and say it's my gift
    My b day and Christmas are a month apart,so I'll usually just combine the 2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• mine never even asks- I don't make it that big of a deal
    If I want something, I'll buy it (within reason) and tell him "look what you got me for my birthday" or ask if I can get such and such for my birthday? A lot of the time there isn't much I want anyway, and I know he loves me so it dosn't matter that much if he makes a big deal out of it or not. I will say though, that for my 40th, he took me to Vegas -so there was that!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Yeah, throughout the year if we want something, we just get it... I guess I'm like a kid on Birthdays, etc, and I like to be surprised. Even if it's just an evening out to dinner, or just a card.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I didn't say anything last year. I knew that spending 12,000 on a car was plenty spending for the year since we used money out of savings so we didn't have to finance anything...
    But he didn't say anything about it being for my Birthday last year, it wasn't even discussed. I guess he assumed I thought it was for my Birthday, but didn't say anything until this year about it... Ugh. Oh well. I'm thankful we're stable.
    On Christmas we don't buy for each other, only the kids. I'm leaving him alone about it, he's out of state right now, and asked me over the phone today...After he threw his fit I told him not to worry about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Your husband sounds like an asshole.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2013