Yoga ball and Labor

Has anyone had any experience with using the yoga ball to start labor? I have been bouncing on it for about an hour and I have had 5 contractions, not too bad, but I was able to notice them. I am 36weeks 1 day 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I had dd at 37weeks

P.S.
I am not trying to induce labor. I am actually bouncing on it to relieve back pain, which is gone now

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• No. Walking helped me though.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Have you called your doctor? Isn't 36 weeks a little early to go into labor?

I've heard that positions/ use of the ball helps with contractions and back pain in general.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Well they weren't consistent and they went away already so i'm not really too worried
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• havent heard about it for induction but do know it is often used to help relieve pain during early labor
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I didn't use a yoga ball, but I used a laboring chair that allowed me to bounce and rock through the contractions, and I found it immensely helpful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2013