Update on DD and her sickness...

Thank you all or your support these past few weeks, especially this last one.

Dd's fever finally broke late Friday night. She still sounds like a seal barking when she coughs and has zero appetite. In 2 days all ahe's had to eat was a chili cheese dog, half a sandwich, and 4 shrimp. I had to force her to eat the shrimp with promises of ice cream. She ate the shrimp and refused the ice cream.

She's going to school tomorrow. I believe she will make it. Again, thanks! If it wasn't for y'all I'd probably have had a nervous breakdown. :)

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 6:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Kids' Health

• I have been waiting for an update, thank you!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• so it wasnt the yogurt?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I don't think so. If anything the yogurt might have caused her immune system to have a hard time fighting. I'm calling her doctor in the morning in regards to the yogurt situation.

It's just odd that nobody else in the house caught this. Her brother catches everything usually. Nobody else is sick around us either. It's puzzling, but I'm so thrilled that fever is gone! She played a bit with friends today. She lasted about an hour before saying she felt weak and needed to rest.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Glad to hear she's doing okay!
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• like i said DD got sick last school year. same issue...
    only one in the house down and everyone ate the same things
    poor kid threw up water :(

glad to know your's is on the mend
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Glad she's feeling better Panda!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 8:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Was she barking with that croup cough when she had the fever? B/C if that happens, she needs to be seen for a breathing treatment. My oldest son had that when he was 3 y/o & was hospitalized b/c it turned into tracheaitis (sp?) Scary stuff. Glad she's feeling better. Just keep the vaporizer going, & alert the teacher that she should be allowed to rest & get a drink if they have Gym or recess.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Thanks for the update!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I'm glad your little one is feeling better. It's hard as hell on everybody when they're sick.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2013