Got a new washer and my husband scratched it...

We got a new washer today and my husband brought it home and lugged it up four flights of stairs with a dolly...well tonight when we unpackaged it we saw that it was scratched pretty deeply in the front, it's about an inch long and silver on top of my white washer. I'm so sad :( brand new and ruined, I put some white out over it and actually if u didn't know about it u probably would never know about it. But do u think the store will exchange it for me or not? Do u think its even worth exchanging it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Home & Garden

• brand new and ruined... hardly!!! Who cares... if there is a scratch if it WORKS!! He lugged it up 4 flights of stairs?? and you are thinking of making him do it again?? NO. It's just cosmetic... deal with it. It's not like you will be taking it out to lunch with you for all to see or anything!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• He damaged it. The store will do nothing.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• As long as it works I would not worry about the scratch.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• If it was damaged out of the box yeah they should replace it and some lucky customer will get a good deal on a washer. If you scratched it in transport then no. The fact that you already attempted to repair the scratch yourself should automatically void a replacement. :(. Bet it works great though.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• How do you know HE is the one who scratched it?

Besides, one little scratch does NOT ruin the machine if it still works just fine.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Crafty26-LMBO! You're so right, I know I'm being a baby about it, and I'm not going to exchange it, all of u are right..I'm just disappointed...oh we'll.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I understand!! But I know so many that would kill for a washer even if it had a 100 scratches. I get that it's new and all... but things could be way worse! ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• It's kind of a bummer, but why go through the hassle of trying to get it replaced, then hauling the old one away and schlepping a new one up the stairs? Just chalk it up to oh well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Crafty said it all!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2013