Any good books,dolls.videos,etc... for explaining c-section to little kids?

I'm looking for something that could help explain how mommy's having a baby in a special way. Something that could help someone who's about 2 understand why mommy needs to not pick them up right now. My son is big on doctors,bodies and how they work,doctors helping people, etc... so for him a need something more in depth on how it works and what's going to happen. He'll be almost 4 for the next baby so he needs much more information then mom has an oowie.

Any good book,movies,maybe a doll or an internet site that will help explain c-section to them?

EDIT: I have 2 kids one will be around 2 and the other more like 4. The book or other type of thing would be for the 4 year old not the 2 year old.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 1:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• Maybe just show him your belly? Does he understand that a baby would come from a vagina?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I don't know of any.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I have 5 kids and at 2 none of mine knew or would have cared where baby came from or how it came out. Other than "mommy has a boo boo on her tummy," which is all the explanation I used - I didn't want them to connect mommy being hurt to the new baby.

Answer by missanc at 5:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Yes he has the general idea that babies usually come out of a hole down there that he doesn't have.
    The book or other type of thing would be for the 4 year old not the 2 year old.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I'd just explain it to the 4 year old.

"With this baby, Mommy is going to have surgery to get it out. The doctor will make a cut from here to here (show him about 8 inches or so right where your pubic hair starts). Then, the doctor will take the baby out of my tummy."

Why?

Because ____________________________________ (fill in the blank with why you're having a C-section this time around)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2013