OMG, I had to to share this with you all, its beyond stupid, "Asteroid To Be Named After Trayvon Martin"

The Lowell observatory in Arizona wants thinks there was no “social fairness” in the Trayvon Martin case.
Their solution? Name an asteroid after the teen!
The Lowell observatory discovered hundreds of asteroids in 2000 alone. They want one of those to be named after Martin, according to William Lowell Putnam III. Here is what he proposed as the citation for the asteroid:
Named in memory of Trayvon Martin (1995-2012), a student at Dr. Michael M. Krop High School in Miami, Florida. Unarmed, he was fatally shot in Sanford, Florida, during an altercation with the neighborhood watch coordinator.
The Minor Planet Center rejected Putnam’s idea at first, but now they are considering it since the trial is over.
Putnam said, “As I see it, the social fairness showed to Trayvon Martin was very sadly lacking. Inasmuch as I am the sole trustee of an institution which has some naming privileges, I want to do my share to see that this lad is remembered in an appropriate manner.”
*****************************************************************************************

Then I wondered, who would NAACP blame if this asteroid hit Africa??
I know, I know, joke is in poor taste, but I admit, it still brought a smile from me...Good god almighty whats next???

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh,for the love of Almighty God ...
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• confusedsealed lip

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Ugh...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Makes one wonder when he will be canonized.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• "Named in memory of Trayvon Martin (1995-2012), a student at Dr. Michael M. Krop High School in Miami, Florida. Unarmed, he was fatally shot in Sanford, Florida, during an altercation with the neighborhood watch coordinator."

politics and trial aside...the above is true. lots of ppl have asteroids and stars named after them, and while i think its silly, its hardly that big a deal. the only ppl who will ever "remember" him per this asteroid are few and far between.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I think it is stupid but on the other hand I can go to a website and pay so much money to have a asteroid or a star etc. named after whomever I want.

It is just a speck in the sky.

Although your what if made me giggle.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2013