My ex-husband is illegal in this country we had share custody of our kids, when we got divorce he was doing is paper to be legalize here in this country I had to

Move to another state to have a better life for me and my kids and closer to family that will help me, I left the kids with him to finish the school year and because he had to go back to his country so me felling sorry that the kids won't see the dad I left them there until they finish school when that time came he said no they were not coming because I left. Now his telling me his gonna ask for child support how can this guy have this authority I'm afraid of him I always was I call a couple law office they said the state that I live inn don't do anything with the state that he lives I need help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• What does the court order say about custody and visitation?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 7:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I'm guessing she didn't think about the paperwork
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I didn't I trusted him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I suggest you consult a lawyer immediately. If you ex decides to go for custody he most certainly can ask and obtain child support.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Trust, and fear.

Answer by louise2 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• You left and moved away with no "legal" plan in place. Good Luck
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Now his telling me his gonna ask for child support how can this guy have this authority I'm afraid of him I always was I call a couple law office they said the state that I live inn don't do anything with the state that he lives I need help

Why did you trust someone that you are afraid of?  You need to get an attorney ASAP.  Do your kids have passports?  If so, let your attorney know that and if you have access to the passports then keep them safe.  You need more help that this forum can provide you.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Call another lawyer now
    If you get some answer, then you need to move back to the state your children are in and get a lawyer there

You left you children with him and moved to another state, wow...you have a fight on your hands
    Good luck

Best lawyer you can afford, and fast before he leaves country
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I am having a hard time believing this post, a bit too many hot buttons for my taste, but here is my OP anyway.
    You left your children with a man you were afraid of? I would think this is a huge red flag as to the fact you don't make good choices.
    If he is here illegal, go call INS, and go get your children.
    You will have to go to YOUR state to file all the paperwork, and shame on you for getting into a marriage that your children's father could be deported at anytime.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Do you know for sure he is still in the country?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2013