Anyone use liquid bandages?

If so, what kind of wound can you use it on? I ask because I sliced the tip of one of my fingers last night with a shard of glass. It wasn't too deep, but it bled a lot. Finally stopped with a little time and pressure. cleaned it and put neosporin on it, but because of where it is I am finding it really hard to keep a band-aid on it. Fingertip bandages won't work very well either. I'm hoping I can use the liquid bandage (guessing it's like glue).

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2013 in Health

• I use super glue a lot of little awkward cuts like that. Works great. New Skin works good, too.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• It's like super glue for you skin. I would use it on a small surface wound. Not on anything too big or deep.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Liquid Bandaid works great but it burns when you apply it.
    I keep that and the spray liquid bandaid in my medicine cabinet.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• My boyfriend uses the liquid bandage solution a lot because he gets little cuts on his hands from repairing watches. It works well, but I've been around when he puts it on, and I can tell it must burn like hell. I've never tried it myself. Ouch, I hope your finger heals up quickly. Those little scrapes can be a pain in the butt.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• *your*
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• It works ok to hold the edges of a shallow cut together as long as you can keep it clean and dry. It hurts like the dickens if it seeps in too far and I'd never use it on anything open. I'm not a huge fan of it.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:36 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I have used it on a slice.
    The thing is that you don't want it sealed (cut off from air) because it will take longer to feel.
    Usually what I use it for is for protection and cushioning on a blister that I have gotten from a shoe.
    On a finger I am torn, because if you got it really clean, it would seal it off from dirt while you do what you need to do, but a cut needs air to heal quickly.

Short answer is yes you can.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Depends on how often you are washing your hands. You will have to keep reapplying it. And yes, it does burn like hell!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Fair warning: IT STINGS... BAD
    So brace yourself and get ready to blow on your finger like you have never done before.
    Then add a drop, hold the cut closed and blow on it until it's dry.
    Very helpful for hard to bandage spots or not wanting to reapply bandaids all day.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I looked at the product info online and it says that you can use it on minor cuts and scrapes. I'm just wondering how well it works. I guess if all else failed I could just use super glue, but am figuring that there may be chemicals in there that I don't want to introduce to my body. I might pick some up while I am out today.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2013