How long have you been married?

Do you ever think about divorce?
I have been married now for 16 years. I have never considered divorce.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• We have lived together for five years (legally married for 6 months but I include the five years too). We have gone through some very difficult times and I have thought about leaving several times. So has he. I don't know if I would say that we have seriously considered it. We generally work through our issues quickly. We have always considered love, trust, loyalty, and honesty to be the most important characteristics in our relationship.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I've been married for 9 months. No divorce for us. : )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 16 years. Hasn't been easy all the time but we're in it for the long haul.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 6 years............. one of is 24 years old and the other is 32. we have 7 kids and are happy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I've been married for 9 years. Yes, I have thought about divorce. We went through a really hard time- but we made it, and I'm glad we fought to stay together.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 3:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Ive been married for 8 years and have absolutely thought about divorce. A few years ago my husband admitted to me that he had cheated on me numerous times with people I did and didn't know. BUt we stuck by each other and made it through the roughest time ever and are happier now than when we first met.
    Shaunnac792

Answer by Shaunnac792 at 4:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think when times get hard it is easy to think that it would just be easier if you left. It is normal to have the passing thought of divorce, but it is sad when a person actually does it. There have been plenty of times I thought, I would be better off, but I said my vows in a church in front of everyone I love and in front of god, and I wouldnt ever break those vows.
    mikismama

Answer by mikismama at 4:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I've been happily married for 20 years, and have never thought about divorce.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• We've been married for nearly 10 years and divorce has never been a thought. We've had our tiffs (I can't even really call them fights, since we don't allow things to get to that point) but we've always worked through them. We've made it through 3 month long business trips and him being in Iraq for a year with no problems, as well as serious health problems and all the stresses and fears that go along with that, so there's NOTHING that could come up that would make us consider divorce.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 9:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 4 years and yes we have both considered divorce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2009