Internal clock messed up?

My daughter is 18 months now, and things have been going great all things considered. But I've reached that wonderful time that I did with my first two where as my child becomes more independent I start to want a baby again. I can't have children anymore, and I'll be starting college in a few months for Sign Language Interpretation. My life is good, and all... but I still feel moody and kind of depressed. My husband suggested working at a daycare with infants and has asked me to look into it hoping it might help. So I don't know... I guess I'm just looking for advice or something (hopefully positive).

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 11:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• I have 5 and as much as I would love another, it just wouldn't work for our family. So I try to look at the positives - no more middle of the night feedings, no more diapers (or the end of them coming!), more independence. I am involved with what my kids are into now - PTA at school, sports, dance, etc. And I look forward to all the cool stuff they will be doing as they get older.

Answer by missanc at 11:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I would love to have another and we're trying, but my monthly visitor just barged in again yesterday for the fourth time since we've been working on this, and I'm 42 and not getting any younger. It's hard, but if I have to, I'll grit my teeth and change my outlook. I'll try to focus on the greater freedom I'll have without another baby in the house, and the fact that I can devote more time and attention to my daughter if she's my only one. Right now that's pretty cold comfort, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to accept it if I have to because what other choice is there?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2013