I had the BEST Sunday EVER!

Now, I NEVER brag but I have to spew about this one. Our destination Sunday was to the NY Aquarium. So we left early & got there by 10:30am. Turns out most of the Aquarium has not been rebuilt since being hit hard by Hurricane Sandy. About 75% is still under renovation & won't be completed until 2016. They saved most of the animals/fish & only the fresh water fishes didn't make it :( They had over 14 feet water surged into the aquarium. The sea lions enjoyed the extra water we were told. There are still Halloween decorations from last year hung on the windows of the closed areas.

Anyway, since there wasn't much to see, we took a walk with the kids onto the Coney Island Boardwalk. We had lunch at Nathans & ate by water. Then we went to the Amusement parks right on the boardwalk & the kids went on all the kiddie rides. They had so much fun! This is the first time my LO ever went on rides & her big Brother held her tight until she was comfortable & then it was nothing but big toothy smiles. I had the best time just seeing them having a blast. The sun was bright the ocean wind was cool. It doesn't get better then that! The day turned out better then we ever planned.

So if you're ever in the area, don't hesitate to take the kids!

Thanks for listening, I just had to share.

So question then, what was the highlight of your summer?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2013 in Entertainment

• Yay! I love Coney Island! I used to live in Ditmas park, so we went often as it was just down Ocean Ave.

My 4yo went to 6 flags for the first time this year and it was so much fun for all of us watching her enjoy the fruits of being a "little big kid" as she put it. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Isn't that the best, seeing your kids have fun together? We went to an amusement park earlier in the summer, and my daughter was finally tall enough to get on some of the bigger rides with her older brother. She was so proud of herself, she kept telling us she was "almost a grown-up now."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• We may have passed each other on the streets because we were in NYC this weekend also.Glad you had a great time as did we.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• So glad to hear the area is on its way back after that horrible devastation. So glad your kids had such a great time enjoying what's been rebuilt. :) I'd have to say the highlight of our summer was when I took my dau to see Big Time Rush. It's her fav. band & was her 1st concert. The look of total awe on her face was priceless. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I love Coney Island also! We spent twoo week at LBI this summer and had a great time. I love the beach!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2013