My 5 month old is teething really bad!:(

Nothing seems to be helping him at all lately:( His gums are so swollen, he has been running a temp, wanting to bite on everything!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What have you tried?

Answer by gdiamante at 4:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Wet a washcloth and put it in the freezer. Then let him have at it. The cold will reduce swelling and ease pain. Give an appropriate dose of Tylenol.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Teething tabs, give him an ice cold wash cloth, if he has a fever you might want to be sure there is nothing going on with his ears.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Have you tried one of those mesh gum soothers? You can put ice in it, or small pieces of fruit, and the baby will get the cold on his gums without the danger of swallowing anything.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I have tried teething tablets, frozen teethers, teething toys, etc.
    He has also been running a temp- so a little infant advil also.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• do not use teething tablets! They have said that they can lead to sezures!! my baby never fussed too much right before his first two teeth came in at almost 6 months. i let him chew on a cool(not cold but just ran it under the cold waterand squeezed it out) rag. he liked it.
    Braydensmom0306

Answer by Braydensmom0306 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Teething tablets can cause seizures?? I have never heard of that and I used them with my two older boys also. I would be interested to find more about that- where did you see that??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2013