When something is recalled

How long do you wait before purchasing it again once the recall is lifted.

I'm curious, as some of you know my dd consumed 4 containers of Choboni yogurt that is recalled. They called me back today reassuring me their product is now safe, and they are giving her free yogurt until she leaves home for college. Kinda caught me off guard. She's only six so that's a lot of yogurt! Lol

Anyways, do you rush right back out once the recall is lifted or do you stay away from it for awhile?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 5:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2013 in Shopping

• OMG< free yogurt untill college? Stores are SUPPOSED to take it off the shelves and destroy it, but some just throw it out. I got the yogurt, but did not have any of the recalled batch, I still returned it to the store. I remember a formula recall once, that I had to just check and check the label.
    I for one whill no longer be buying this brand of greek yogurt for awhile, but when it is things like lettuce and sprouts, you really don't have a choice unless you just don't eat it.
    You may mail me some yougurt, LOL!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Depends. If I like the product as soon as it is back on shelves and I check the number to make sure it wasn't from a bad batch. Though sometime I never buy that product again. Depends why it was recalled in the first place too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I had a little stockpile of the original dimetapp formula and Entex when it was recalled many years ago.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• hmm makes me wonder why they recalled the yogurt and why they are so overly willing to supply your daughter with tons of yogurt lol sounds like they are trying to keep you happy and not sue or something.. idk if I would rush back into more of a recently recalled item but I would just check on the batches I do buy
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 5:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• It was recalled for mold. I threatened them witha lawsuit , publicly went off on their FB page, wrote an email and formal letter too.

There is talk of a class action lawsuit.

I'm afraid of their product now. Dd is picky with Greek yogurt; she only eats Chobabi and Stonyfield. Stoneyfield is organic and much more expensive, but I've switched her back to it.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I would wait a little while and then go back to it. Things happen.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Wow, that's a lot of yogurt. I'd probably try it again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• It seems excessive to me. I'll probably wait awhile and try it again. BUT, I made dd swear to never get something, especially dairy, out of the fridge without me or daddy opening it and inspecting it.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• How much free yogurt did you get?

Honestly I think directly after a recall the product should be at its absolute safest. They have got QC all OVER their product. A back to back recall has never happened. That would bring the company DOWN.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• On certain things I wait at least 6 mos. or longer. Those peanut butter crackers that were recalled about a year ago, still haven't tried those again. Ice Mountain bottled water- nope. If there are other options out there, then I will just switch brands. When it comes to produce, I just have to take a wait & see approach.

As for the yogurt, don't agree to or sign anything. That could be their way of getting off the hook if there is a lawsuit.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2013