Leaving your kid in the car... what would you do?

Leaving your kids in the car, is one of those things i just dont tolerate.

Ive never seen it but ive heard of it a lot especially being in arizona, the heat hits quick in cars and we hear about it far too often usually with a tragic ending.

Friday night i went to little caesars with my daughter whos 4.

We got our food walked out as an suv. Was pulling in. A mom and 3 kids youngest could have been no older than 3.

She leaves them in the car.

Mind you, it is running. I dont care. It is just as stupid as leaving them in there with no ac

I sat there contemplating if i should say something.
Then, the 3 year old climbs into the drivers seat and starts playing with the steering wheel and.gear shift. The wipers start. Going off, the alarm starts going nuts on the car shes standing on the drivers seat and i knew i had to say something to the mom.

The mom walks out to turn the alarm off and i roll my window down and say, 'i dont know which is worse parenting, leaving your kids in the car in the heat or with the car runnning.'

She cops an attitude saying it is running. I let her know accidents happen and that as were speaking your alarm is sounding and your daughter is.messing with your.controls let alone how someone could steal her car with them in it. It wasnt the best of.neighborhoods and a sketchy man just walked by when i got out of my car WITH my daughter.

She tells me to research car safety.
I told her if she is too lazy to take her kids in with her, she.might as well stay at home and she.needs to learn ebtter parenting skills and.in arizona its illegal to leave kids.or animals in the car.

Before i left, she ended uo taking her kids out and take them with her.

Probably because she thought i may call the cops.

I just cant stand parents that dont think!!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• Excuse my periods between words loo. Hard to type on my phone.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Good for you girl!!! I would have done the same!

Answer by older at 7:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I would have said something, too.. that is so dangerous. If you think your kids are too much of a problem to bring somewhere with you, wait until someone can watch them, or DON'T GO OUT AT ALL!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• clappingThat's great!  Glad you spoke up.  Some people are so stupid or clueless or just don't think it will happen to them.  Sadly, she will probably do it again until she either gets caught, or something horrible happens.  At least you kept it from happening this time.  Good for you! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• I would have just called the police as soon as I saw the three yr old in the drivers seat!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Who the fuck made you the expert on parenting??!!?!

Granted, leaving kids in a car on a hot day is a bad idea, but when did you become the parenting god?

Judgmental bitch much?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• You have valid points, but the WAY you said this hit me the wrong way.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Its arizona state law whether the car is on or not.

I said it nice to her then when she started making reason it was okay i spoke up even more.

Clearly the mom wasnt thinking of the kids so someone needed to.

If i sounded bitchy, im fine with that maybe it will cause her to not do this in the future.

MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Well. I think your heart was in the right place, but you used judgement as bad as her. If I was alone, perhaps, I would say something. Perhaps.

But....you shouldn't be confronting anyone in a bad neighborhood with your kid with you. She could have pulled a gun or knife on ya'll. Next time call the police.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• It was not the best choice she made, but I would have said something different.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2013