Spotting, possibility of pregnancy or just ovulating?? adult content

So about 2 1/2 weeks ago I went to my gyno to get on bc and get a pap. I just had a baby three months ago and me and dh have been really careful to avoid pregnancy. (ok, by careful I just mean using the pull out method until the bc kicks in). Sooo I went to the doc at ten weeks after having my ds and I hadn't stopped really bleeding by that time. She said the bc should help stop the bleeding and if it continues to come back in, well I have no insurance and I'm already paying the med bills out the nose since my ds was in the nicu. I did finally stop bleeding because my period had kinda ended it, well I'm spotting now. It's pink blood and not only that but I've got mucus with it, and it's real thick stuff, like when I tried to stretch it between the tp it didn't rip. So I'm just wondering if I should be worried or could this just be my body telling me I'm ovulating (because the mucus was so stretchy?)

Also, in your opinion (and I'm just generally curious because by next year I want to start trying for our last baby) do you think its stupid to get pregnant right after having baby? lol, my hubby is so against another right now but honestly I just want to get it done with. I want three and then I'm SO done.

mandi_m

Asked by mandi_m at 12:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Health

• "ok, by careful I just mean using the pull out method until the bc kicks in"

Unfortunately that's not nearly careful enough. Sperm is present from the moment of erection. So there's a chance you're already pregnant. It's now unheard of.

I would never choose to have them that close. One of my best friends got pregnant at six weeks (unintended) and said she wouldn't choose to do that if she had to do it over. She had a four year old, a ten month old and a newborn all at once.

But there are women who wouldn't have it any other way.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• I'm really honestly not afraid if I do get pregnant, for one thing its his fault, I've tried telling him that method doesn't work, we have condoms, he hates them, but his freakin brother got his ex gf pregnant that way! Yeah my first is 4, this one is 3 mo and I am on bc now. But she didn't say I was pregnant then... well, how long after you get pregnant would you be showing spotting or things like that? I read about 8-12 or 16 days or some random number...
    mandi_m

Comment by mandi_m (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Consider, if you haven't gotten pregnant yet, that having two babies so close together can be stressful on your body. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• You should take a test, you should also get insurance before you have another baby.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• PS- It is YOUR fault if you get pregnant as much as his, the answer is no sex without a condom, if he doesn't like it, you have the ablilty to say NO.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Your fault as much as it is his. It takes TWO people to make a baby. I don't think you are pregnant. Usually the egg white mucus is a sign of ovulation. So NO sex without a condom unless your bc has kicked in. Once you ovulate about a week to travel the tubes and another week to implant and put out enough hormone to register on a test. 14-16 days. My opinion yes it's stupid to try for another baby so soon. Your body hasn't recovered yet not to mention you are now on BC which will only mess it up further. BUt that is just my opinion. It doesn't really matter what I think it's what you feel you can handle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2013