Normal or cause for alarm?

I'm almost 28 weeks and I keep having menstrual like cramps and tightness around my belly. I also have a dull backache. I haven't noticed any type of pattern with the cramps. Is this just normal pregnancy aches and pains?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Could be normal but you shoul give your doc a ring! Better to be safe then sorry
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Probably no need to worry but I agree with Rachel, speak to a doctor just to be safe.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks. I had them throughout all 3 of my pregnancies... Dr. said ice water, and lay on my right side if they were bothersome.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• It could be Braxton Hicks, but check with your OB to be safe.
    tarahearts

Answer by tarahearts at 10:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Probably not cause for alarm, but check with your doctor. Try drinking more water, since a lot of pregnancy trouble actually stems from being dehydrated.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Not a cause for alarm, but the kind of thing your OB will want to know about just in case. Call the office and let them know so he/she can make note of it in your chart.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• I would check just to be safe.. You never know.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• I would call your OB you can be dehydrated, I had to go in and get 2 IV and I'm still dehydrated
    AllysMommy2013

Answer by AllysMommy2013 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2013