Phlegm-busting home remedies? adult content

I had sinus trouble last week, and now I'm coughing up everything that was stirred up in there. Charming, I know. It's upsetting my stomach, and sometimes making me vomit. Is there anything I can do at home to break this stuff up and get rid of it faster?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 10:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Health

• Put Vicks vapo rub in a pot with steam, stand over pot and breathe it in, be careful! When it starts to work, cough up that crap and spit, very charming I know, but the reason your tummy is upset is because you are swallowing the nasty junk.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Add 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to a cupful of salt (seasalt if you can). Add this to a fairly hot bath (you want lots of steam). If you have curtains around it that you can close then do so. Sit for 20 minutes or so and (like it or not) SING YOUR HEART OUT. Rinse but do not wash afterwards. Sit and rest for 10 minutes in a nice comfy bathrobe :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 11:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Mucinex is awesome for this problem!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• My grandfather in law swore by a cup of hot water (coffee heat) with a splash of white vinegar and a drop of honey. He drank one every morning and if he should get a could he would increase to 3 times a day. He rarely had sinus troubles but I never tried it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• We grew up with a shot of whisky mixed with coke & honey. It burned going down but usually better the next day.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2013