Update on my baby with a cough

I took him to the doctor and he is teeth but he has a ear infection in both ears. He has meds that he is taking for 10 days. Thanks you everyone who helped me trying to figure out what he has .

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 11:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hope she feels better soon. My Daughter had an ear infection last year when she was one & responded well to the antibiotics. Her brother had pneumonia twice & then a double ear infection right after that. Hope this winter is better.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Oh, sorry I meant your Son :)
    ILovemyPaulie

• this is the 1st time he is "sick" well ear infection....I had to call mom to help give him the meds bc I did not know how lol
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Aww- well, I bet he'll start showing improvement after being on the meds for a couple of days. One less thing to worry about now :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Squirt it gently towards his cheek, near the back of his throat. He will (usually) automatically swallow it that way instead of spitting it out. It also helps if you're calm and matter-of-fact about giving it to him.

I don't remember how old he is right now, but don't try to hide it in something or any of that. Kids pick up on that. When my kids were little(er), I'd just flat out tell them, it's time for you meds, they don't taste the greatest, but they WILL help you feel better. I've never had to struggle to get them to take needed meds.

While it sucks to have a double ear infection AND a teething child, at least now you know what's going on with him, right?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Here's hoping he feels better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:30 AM on Sep. 11, 2013