What exactly are we supposed to eat?

HFCS, GMO, MSG, RBGH, pesticides every single thing we eat apparently causes cancer. CHERRIOS aren't even safe anymore?? Am I supposed to live on a farm and grow all my own food and butcher my own animals just to LIVE???? This is CRAZY!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I know it sucks ...I try to read everything
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 12:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Don't listen to the hipe.

Answer by louise2 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Everything in moderation. Eating the occasional food with MSG, HFCS, etc. isn't going to kill you; it's the continuous exposure to these carcinogens that will possibly cause cancer. That's why moderation is key. You don't have to raise and butcher your own cow, but you can try to cut out the 'middle man', and try to avoid more processed food. Buy locally whenever possible.l, especially fruits and veggies.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• you can skip all of those things and still get cancer...just live your life, exercise, eat healthy, enjoy "bad" things in moderation, and dont worry so much about dying. cause there's no way around it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• But I don't even know what's not "bad" anymore that's the problem. It seems like EVERYTHING is bad for you for some reason or another.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• I smoke, so I'll take my chances on eating whatever the heck I feel like eating! lol :p Seriously tho, don't stress too much over it. Afterall, stress is bad for us too :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• What is in cheerios?!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• You have to be a very informed consumer now. I do not think you should take a lazy approach to knowing where your food comes from. If you can buy locally, do so, for everything. Figure out where your meat, fruits and vegetables come from. Follow the line.

This is something I feel strongly about. I think the food industry in this country is suspect at best.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Even then you would not be safe from the air and the water and what is in the soil.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• It what you eat in moderations, I try and buy locally at farmers markets and talk to them about what chemicals they use, I love going to the orchards when they let you pick your own food.
    AllysMommy2013

Answer by AllysMommy2013 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2013