Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about court..

I have 2 kids a boy and girl 6 and 4. There is no court ordered visitation. Their father wants them over night. (Hes in a 2 bedroom house with 10 people) I keep telling him he needs places for them to sleep.

So my question for all of you that has been through the visitation process...
did the father have to have proper sleeping places?
What was required for the visitation?

Answer Question

Asked by WildAngel86 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 3 (7 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • You need to check with your state or local laws. Call your local bar assoc. for a referral to meet with an attorney. That does not sound like the most ideal arrangements to me. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • What does the custody agreement say?

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • Still upset over the visiting friend?


    Answer by feralxat at 1:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • in my state word of mouth is all that's needed apparently.

    Answer by tnm786 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • It he wants them overnight I would let him take it to court.

    Answer by missanc at 1:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • Um no that was 4 months ago...and there is no court order

    Comment by WildAngel86 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • Common sense. He NEEDS a proper place for each to sleep. Remember, if you are allowing this then you are responsible for their welfare & if conditions are dangerous in anyway or unfit then you could lose those kids if CPS is called for any reason. This reminds me of a similar question a week or so ago.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • I'm asking if when anyone went to court did the judge ask the father if he had a place for them to sleep

    Comment by WildAngel86 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • You need to talk to your lawyer about this, tell him that your kids don't have a place to sleep there, most likely your ex will cave to whatever you draw up, doesn't sound like he has the money nor the interest in fighting you, just stipulate that until your ex has a place for your children to sleep, that he can't have them overnight? As some responded earlier there is no reason you can't let them visit, just don't allow them to spend the night there.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

  • Yes. The judge will ask who lives in the home and how many bedrooms it is, especially if you bring it up to your lawyer that there is no place for them.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.