Why would GOD be like this if he's perfect?

I can't help but to think that MEN has lied on GOD. They say he's perfect but then they write about him doing things that are not exactly perfect. How can I make sense of this?

SylviaNCali

Asked by SylviaNCali at 2:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I totally understand what you mean. I know God is perfect. That is why I know all of the human imperfections people insiutate God has are all just human's putting their judgements, hate, etc. on him. Natually humans are imperfect and cannot understand that punishments and dictating what is good or bad are something that an imperfect being does NOT a perect being.

IMO...There is not a 'hell' because it is an obvious human concept made up by man. God is perfect, he would not punish or predestine a human. We are all equal in God's eyes. He does not judge based on your 'sins,' life style choices or anything of the sorts.

This is what I mean by perfect. I have never blamed ANY bad thing or tragic thing that has happened in my life on God.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• what do you mean exactly?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i have asked that many times myself
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 2:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Was it God that has done something "imperfect" or is it man interpreting God's actions as imperfect?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• confusedI dunno.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I dont believe God has done anything imperfect. I think humans have.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm still wondering though. If man interprets GOD wrong then how can I trust what man writes? It seems as if they're trying to make him out to be jealous, ane angry sometimes and those characteristics are not considered good so I'm thinking MEN is confused as about who GOD really is? HELP ME OUT LADIES. I'm just trying to figure it out. Because honestly people it's really not adding up well to me.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you truly desire to know more then maybe find a pastor to talk to. There are no "pat" answers. You will have to read the bible and interpret that, and you will also need to learn that it has been mistranslated numerous times. If you go way back to hebrew or latin, it does help. Good luck in your quest.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Because the bible is a stephen king type novel designed to scare people into being compliant .
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 8:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Don't get me wrong.Believing in the bible is fine but don't ask me to believe in it.I just don't agree that an all loving God takes sides.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 8:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009