Uh...what?

Young Arizona ‘exorcists’ set out to save England from Harry Potter

By Arturo Garcia

Monday, September 9, 2013 20:22 EDT
Young Arizona 'exorcist' Brynne Larson [BBC Three]

A trio of Arizona “exorcists” has ventured to England to fight what it describes as the endorsement of satanic elements in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter book series.

“Harry is using this magic for good,” 18-year-old Brynne Larson explains in video posted by theDaily Mail on Monday. “So here we have the dangerous idea that you can use this magic for good or bad. When in reality, all magic is bad ’cause you’re getting your power from Satan.”

Larson and friends Tess and Savannah Scherkenback will be profiled in a BBC special on Fridaydiscussing both their longtime friendship and their training by Larson’s father, Rev. Bob Larson, who claims to have performed 15,000 exorcisms. The BBC reported that Bob Larson asks for donations of $200 for each exorcism.

more

Thoughts?  

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• We covered this already today.

You might want to read the other posts.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Sorry...hadn't gotten there yet.
    MamaK88

Comment by MamaK88 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Harry Potter has been a controversial subject from the beginning with a lot of people.

AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 5:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• lol exorcisms for money = scamming stupid, naive people
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• didn't realise they were going to ask for donations...
    even better!

*good grief
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• LOL!!! I just can't today.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• You know, some Christians seem to be more interested in Satan than they are in God. It's sad, really.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Money grab. Seriously, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that none of these people have ever read an HP book. And, that's okay. There's no law saying "Everyone in the world must read Harry Potter." But how can you condemn something you don't know anything about? This is the one pet peeve I have about people judging books, esp. those who claim a religious bias. Read the book; then tell me how badly it offends your faith.

And I say this as a Christian.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Sorry...hadn't gotten there yet.

I meant to send you that on fb before I posted it here, must not have gone through
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Simply ridiculous.
    .Ruadh.

Answer by .Ruadh. at 2:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2013