Do you believe there is only one way to heaven?

Some say you can only be this religion to be in heaven. Do you think GOD would send someone to hell that truly and sincerly believed their religious beliefs was right? REMEMBER he did create us imperfect.

SylviaNCali

Asked by SylviaNCali at 2:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't believe there is only one way to G-d. I believe that G-d sent his word to people, through PEOPLE, and that people INTERPRETED his word based on their culture, their time and their understanding. Obviously different people and different cultures interpreted things differently. If you look at the world's religions you will see a very common thread running through all of them. Basically the "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It might be phrased very differently, but the same idea is there. Treat people in the same way you want to be treated. In other words, be a good person. I think that is the way to G-d. It is foolish, in the extreme, to say that G-d would condemn people for not doing something they never even heard of.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No, and if he does, then he's not worth worshipping.

(sits back, busts out popcorn...this should be a fun show)
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 2:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• God didn't create us imperfect. He created perfect people who made a choice to disobey him. They created imperfection in succeeding generations. And yes, I do believe that the only way to God for everyone past Jesus' time is through him. He is the way to the father. Why are you asking?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Oh NOOOO thalassa worms.....fly my pretties.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• crickets...I hear crickets
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Because I am really just trying to find the TRUE WAY. And I want to hear everyone out. Not sure I'll get what i'm looking for here, but I do like to see what other people have to say.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think that many people's general description of God, sounds just like a sadistic, torturous, serial killer....I guess this means "I don't think so." I also don't think anyone can say what God is, wants, or does because ...well, how can we?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 3:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I understand what you are saying. There are donominations that believe only people from their branch of faith are going to heaven. Confusing isn't it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you truely want to understand God, search. Search the bible. Ask people you know and trust. Watch people who are true Christians. You will be able to identify them by thier deeds. I don't know everything about the bible. But I am confident in God. I am not going to debate this with anyone, as I don't feel like my arguement is going to change anything anyone believes. But I just want to say this, if you are searching, keep searching. Never give up until you find your answer.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes. Being imperfect is no excuse to walk away from God and His One Way. It is because of our imperfections that we need God.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009