The dress code makes NO sense at all

I was commenting to my son's teacher that I was surprised that the shorts these girls are wearing are WAY too short. She said as long as their butt cheeks are covered,they can wear them. The shorts BARELY do that. Wow. This is middle school. The kids are 11-14 years old. Whatever happened to having a childhood?
So no spaghetti strapped shirts,but bootie shorts are ok?
Sigh...
We need to bring back the dress code where your shorts and skirts touch the floor when you kneel.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• Have you SEEN the shit that stores are offering up for 1st graders to wear???!??!

Hooker is a compliment.

It's all absolutely disgusting and sexualizes our kids at WAY too young an age.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Maybe not that far, but at least as long, or longer than, the finger tips.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• I kid you not- I bought DD's jean shorts in the boys department this year. She is 5 but needs size 6-7 clothes. I was not letter her wear booty shorts. I did find her some cute white and khaki Bermuda style shorts for girls but the jean shorts were all WAY too short for me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• I agree with you.

My kids' school dress code is the 5 "B's" Butts, boxers, belly buttons, bras, boobs. Those 5 things can not be seen.
    Personally I don't want someone to think they might happen to catch a glimpse of any of those 5.

When I was in school your knees couldn't even be showing.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Omg! I'm appalled at the shorts being worn by elementary students, but I saw a hs girl today wearing these nasty short shorts. It's against the rules at our school and was back in the Dino days when I was in school. Heck, I recall in 9 th grade we were finally allowed to wear shorts to school. They sent kids home if they were not of length. Teacher at the front door wouldn't let kids in if they wore something violating code.

They are suppose to be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee, according to the handbook. I've started remarking to my dd's friend's parents on how my kid will not be seen in public these short shorts. They look like panties!

It's a trashy mother, IMO,that buys them and allows them to be worn.

PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Our school has a strict dress code, shorts must go down to the top of the knees. My sister is the dean of students...so she is the enforcer. She said it is the worst part of her job. Those high school girls just don't get it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Finger tip length!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• On another note... I saw some chick in Barnes and Noble the other day with her ass hanging out of the nastiest looking shorts ever. She was in her 40's at least and really should've known better. I just don't get this fashion trend. Almost make me miss the days of whale tail.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Agreed! It's disgraceful & sad.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Middle school and up is not allowed shorts or shorter skirts at my daighter's school. When I lived in the same state south as you, they were pretty strict about the dress code. None of that was allowed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2013