Why do I still have milk!?

I never really breastfed and I gave up trying all together when my baby turned 2 months old. That was over 4 months ago but when I sqeeze I still get a drop. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, it's normal. I was still getting drops a year after I had DD. Don't worry about it if it's just a little bit. It may happen for quite some time. As long as you are not engorged and there is no pain or blood, you should be fine.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Maybe that's nature's way of telling you that you should be breastfeeding- that your baby should be receiving nutrition the way nature intended.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You have hormones in your system that make you produce milk. Once they level off then it should stop.
    mistynkennedy

Answer by mistynkennedy at 8:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Normal. Could still have it for many more months, even a year or so!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• From my experience - it certainly is. It takes a little while for you to completely stop producing even if it wasn't much in the first place. The doctor can give you something that will stop milk production, but I never used it. I just let it stop on it's own. Takes a couple/few months.
    BetsyAD

Answer by BetsyAD at 8:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If it bothers you, you can place cabbage leaves in your bra for a few days and it will dry you out. I know it sounds weird but for over four generations the woman in my family have used this oldfashioned technique and it has always worked without fail.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I've tried the cabbage leaves before. Didn't work for me, it's been a year. Sometimes you just need time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009