What is the difference between a CDA and a TCC?

I have to obtain one to keep my job due to new state regulations. I am trying to decide which I should try to get. My boss is not help at all. I am looking stuff up but I was hoping someone would just give me a simple answer to help me get started.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Money & Work

• TCC stands for Technical Certificate of Credit. CDA stands for Child Development Associate. Is the center you work at NAEYC accredited? If so, they are both equal in the eyes of NAEYC and other accreditation programs. The only main difference is the way to obtain them. With TCC, you will attend classes at a Techincal or Vocational college. Going this course allows you to use financial aid and earn college credit. With CDA, there are many programs that offer the courses online or in person. Some technical colleges even offer CDA. What this all boils down to is what is available in your area and what works with your schedule.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• I also wanted to add one more thing. With a TCC, you don't have to do any of the assessments and certain requirements that a CDA requires.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2013