What is the most unusual food item youv'e come across in a store??

I saw chicken claws in a floor freezer. I never seen these before and would never eat them. They had the feet, toes and little lower leg attached. Someone must eat them because they wouldn't be selling them. Anything you have seen, actually bought and ate it. Some things look disgusting but actually can be quite good.

butterflyrose11

Asked by butterflyrose11 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• canned octopus

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Weird fresh vegetable. Some of them are like, what do you do with that?

Answer by louise2 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• baby octopi and squid
    we buy them and love them
    even if cleaning is a biotch
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Blood and tongue loaf freaks me the hell out.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• My MIL sends me a can of spotted dick once in a while, but we don't eat it... It sits in the pantry, and makes for a good conversation piece....I've seen it in the world foods store, and can't see why anyone would buy it.... Hubby's even from the UK, and won't eat it... It's like a sponge cake with fruit in it.. YUK
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• We have a cool market near us that has all kinds of crazy stuff. From canned duck eggs to frozen pig brains. Now, they have more normal stuff also... like wasabi peas, jars of lo mein sauce and Milo brand chocolate milk... I go in for the fresh produce though. Great prices.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Live frogs in the markets of China Town in San Fran. I didn't go into the stores to see what else was there.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Bread in a can.

It's not the grossest, I've seen some plenty gross things in markets, but it's just odd to me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2013

• Sorry, I have to ask. MrsLeftlane, did you mean spotted DUCK?

I think the most unusual that I've seen is pickled pigs feet. Although I have seen some fruits and veggies that I wonder what to do with.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Things like pig feet are often used in ethnic foods. My grandma used to put them in menudo, along with tripe. Most of us ate around them.

I saw a whole rattlesnake sold in the meat freezer of a grocery store once.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2013