what do u do when another student is threaten by another student and your child is not the only child that has been threaten and the teacher or principal does nothind and the 2 children are put together to talk out the promblem without your knowledge?

parents are going thru a divorce and child has been threaten by another student who has threaten other kids, by saying he's going to kill them and their parents. The teacher & the principle ignored the threat teacher told one parent she put both students in a room together so they could talk it out instead of following protocol for the school system.

sweetangles

Asked by sweetangles at 3:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• ya been there done that...you are going to have to kick some butt.i did i was at that school everyday. i didnt care..go to the superintendent of schools.schhols dont want to get involved and if they do its on there terms...make it be on your terms.obviously this kid needs help.or say ok your not going to do anything i want my child transferred to another school. find out what your rights are.there must be an advocate in the schoollwhich i must say are worth nothing.good luck...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Have YOU met with these teachers and administration and councelors AND police officers. I would be up there first thing in the morning and all day until this meeting is set up. I wouldnt take threats like that lightly. Not after all that happens these days.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• go to the superintendent of the school and make a formal complaint. 

the bullying in the school systems needs to STOP.

i lost a child due to bullying at school

mommyand5

Answer by mommyand5 at 3:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• First I would go to the principal and ask why proper protocol wasnt followed in this instance. I would demand that he deal with it. If he refuses, then I would then call the local school board, superintendant, or whomever is in charge. Our school system has a zero tolerance for things like that and sometimes they even overreact to issues. My K student was being bullied by a little brat last year and though my son could have stomped a mud hole in this kid, he wouldn't because he knew it was against the rules and he didnt want to upset his teacher. It had been going on a long time before I actually found out about it and this child had physically harmed him as well. I went straight to the principal and I was even crying because I was so mad. She took him and me very seriously and it got worked out. Don't stop fighting for this. The stakes are too high. GOod luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• First be at school every morning until resolved, make phone calls daily and leave messages. Now is the time for DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!!! Get names and name drop the next superior you will call!!! Dont stop until you are satified that all his teachers and admin. are on your side. now is the time for DRAMA!!!
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 10:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Go to the principal and ask for your child to be moved to another teachers room.
    wvamomma

Answer by wvamomma at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'd show my happy face at the school office and demand answers.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Tell the principal that you will go to the school board and/or police if nothing is done about it. It is the school's job to protect the children that are there. Keep fighting for the safety of your children.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009