ive been trying to teach my 2yrs &8mnths girl to pottie train. she did it for the first time when she just turned two. 8 mnths later and no progress. help any suggestions?

michelle.

Asked by michelle. at 3:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I dont know if shes ready or not, sometimes they just arent. My son was 3 when we finally stopped putting pull ups on him during the day, and he instantly started peeing on the potty all the time during the day. Thats all it took. Now, pooping on the potty is a differant story, he just doesnt wanna do it. He waits until we get the pull up on him for nap or bedtime, and then he goes.. EVERYTIME. Now we are considering taking the pull ups away all together, but I would end up washing his bedding everyday because he pees in his sleep. Anyway, back to your question. I would seriously just start putting her in undies for the day.. see what happens. You may have a couple of accidents in the beginning, but I really think this approach works.
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 10:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my daughter really enjoyed a POTTY SUCESS CHART, I used a large peace of construction paper and decorated it , I put a bag smaller bags of 2 or 3 jelly beans in each bag and put a sticker on the bag she got the candy and put the sticker on her chart, pretty soon it was working so well we went from 2 to 1 then just the sticker. I wrote dothe date by each sticker so i could track her progress, when she would ask for the candy I would say no thats peepee candy you have to go pee first. The fade when wet designes from pull ups helped to. good luck!
    deliriousmommy

Answer by deliriousmommy at 12:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• P.S. PANTIES DURING THE DAY IS ALSO A GOOD IDEA. ITS LESS COMFORTABLE TO PEE IN THEM THAN A PULL UP.
    deliriousmommy

Answer by deliriousmommy at 12:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009