Are you a NALT?

If you are, do you go out of your way to tell the people who need to hear it (meaning those who claim to speak for you)?

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/sep/09/taking-back-christianity/

The actual site for the organization:

The NALT Christians Project

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I had never heard of this organization, but I'm glad it's there. I would have to say I'm a NALT.... Although in my world of Christianity most are like me and don't claim to represent Christ with prejudice, and hatred. So I don't often have a reason to speak out... Although I have. Most recently to a guy in a parade dressed as Jesus and carrying anti gay placards, along with some burn in hell ones
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• I had never heard of this organization, but I'm glad it's there.

It's pretty new, but I thought it was an interesting idea. We see the same thing happen here, someone brings up a court case or news article that involves a Christian, and immediately, someone will pipe up yelling at the OP that they're "not all like that" - yet they never seem to be interested in telling the pastors speaking that way that they aren't. This day comes to mind:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1340596/2_statements_by_the_Southern_Baptist_Convention_aka_2nd_largest_Christian_church_in_the_US

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1340599/Lets_nip_the_attempt_at_derailing_in_the_bud_and_give_it_its_own_question_Why_would_do_you_belong_to?cat_id=&order=&next=1

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• See, I read posts like those you linked above and I realize I am lazy. I hear/read about other 'Christians" spouting all this hatred crap, and I just roll my eyes... I never take them seriously and I forget others might. They are just so foolish to me, and so obviously against the teaching of Christ that it's like someone standing on a street corner yelling the sky is green!!! I give them no credibility
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• I'm glad the organization exists, although I hadn't heard of it. I've written a few letters to pastors I thought needed an earful over the years, most notably Pat Robertson, but I never heard anything back. I got on a radio show once with some "Christian" jackass who claimed the tsunamis of 2004 were sent out because of God's wrath about the sex trade in Thailand. When my arguments that God wouldn't send tens of thousands of innocent people to their watery graves failed to enlighten the radio pastor, I said that God must have lousy aim then, because the tsunamis didn't primarily strike Thailand, so maybe He needed some target practice before He tried again. I was disconnected.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2013