Ideas for Sweet Sixteen party.

Needs to be inexpensive and easy to put together. I've been thinking about it too long and time is suddenly running down. Girl loves anime and all thing Japanese. Fairly easy going and an artist. Help!!

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 9:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Have a sort of costume party thing...and they can watch anime?

********
    we were pretty broke when my daughter turned 16 and what we did was have a Rocky Horror/ Repo the Genetic Opera themed party. Told friends to come in some sort of costume, made the "goodie bags" with stuff to throw during Rocky Horror ( little finger squirters, confetti, toast, party hats...) and turned the garage into a sort of club by putting blak garbag bags over the walls and sparypainting them with neon paint (swirls) and we put a black light out there and hung glow stiks around as well as giving them to everyone and thy went out and danced between movies. I baked her cake for her

It was a bit of a mess to clean up- but they had a ton of fun. They loved it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• How about a Japanese Garden Party or Tea Party with paper lanterns and green tea, I like the sushi idea, or maybe bento box meals with the anime movies.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Invite friends over for a sushi making party
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• How into that are her friends, too? The local sushi bar here will do sushi rolling classes with their chef. No idea how much they charge, but might be something like it near you. (alternately, if you guys already know how to make it, you could run it yourself) The Japanese version of an everyone make their own pizza party, but automatically more "grown up" because sushi.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• I'd take her & some of her close friends to a Japanese Restaurant & get a table where they cook in front of you! Give everyone a non alcoholic fruit drink in a tall glass with umbrellas!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2013