this sounds kinda gross, but is it normal for your vigina to hurt during comtractions? this is my first child an i have no idea what to expect.im really nervous,my due date is tomorrow.

newmommy2be2121

Asked by newmommy2be2121 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Pretty much everything hurts during contractions and I don't think vaginal pain is outside the norm
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• My vag didn't hurt during contractions (while I could still feel things before I got my epidural). It felt to me like horrible period cramps. I do remember feeling like I had to have a BM when DD was about to crown. My epidural wasn't as strong with her birth and while the medications blocked most of the pain, I still had some feelings in my muscles. I just remember telling DH to go tell the nurse that I needed to poo and she came and checked me and it was really DD getting ready to come out.

If you are having pain, call your OB and describe to them what you are feeling. They can advise you from there.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• It is stretching to get ready to pass the baby into the world. I won't say mine hurt ,exactly, but it wasn't comfortable.
    Good luck tomorrow.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• VAGina
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• You're going to feel aches and pains from muscles you never knew you had. Good luck for a safe and easy delivery.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2013

• My vagina used to hurt when I got menstrual cramps.
    Vaginal contractions and uterine contractions go hand in hand, as they are both muscular tissue.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2013