My 4 month old grandson has his first cold he is congested, with a small cough. Can I use a humidifier or vaporizer in his room? Thanks

want to know which is best for him..vaporizer or humidifier...and if I should put Vicks or Saline in it.

landyn422

Asked by landyn422 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cool mist humidifier
    No Vicks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Make sure to keep his head elevated like let him sleep/nap in a baby swing next to your bed with you so his sinuses can drain & he can breathe freely. I would take him to be checked out by a Pediatrician before you administer anything & ask about the vaporizer & what to put in it.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Use a cold mist vaporizer. I would just use water unless you have cleared something else with his doctor first.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Aww, hope he feels better soon. I used a vaporizer with eucalyptus when my daughter was a baby. It seemed to help a lot. At four months, he won't be in danger of pulling the unit over on himself or touching the steam.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2013