I made crumpets for the very first time!

I was watching Bobby Flay and for the umpteenth time I wished for some food rings.
I had said it out loud more than once, but DH has been to England and when we saw the crumpets, I guess it also stuck in his mind. We had a grand opening of a new mall that has a Kitchen Place and he bought them for me. I didn't know until we got home that he had done it.
He handed it to me and a copy of the crumpet recipe from the website and they were pretty easy and wonderful

He said they tasted just like the ones he got in England years ago.
Awww!
Have you made any food recently that brought back fond memories for you or someone else?
What was it?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I've been wanting to buy some sorghum syrup to eat with homemade biscuits. It reminds me of eating breakfast or even dessert with my Pawpaw and Granny when I was younger. I've never tried crumpets though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• I had to google crumpets to see what they are! They look like English muffins.. same thing? Looks yummy!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• More on the order of a johny cake or griddle cake
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• OOO I just so happen to have sorghum syrup in my cupboard. I guess I better make some more.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2013