Have any of you tried the spray that removes tartar from dog's teeth?

Lord, it goes from bad to worse, we lost our very long time companion about a month ago, today take the other 2 in for vet checks, and the doc says the oldest one needs his teeth cleaned, no biggie, BUT he is afraid that our dog might not wake up after, due to his heart condition, BUT having crappy teeth can hurt his heart.
I asked him what we should do, and he said to just wait.
I would like to see if anyone knows a home remedy, or has ordered the teeth spray. I really can't bear losing another.

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Pets

• Yes the tooth spray helps after the teeth have been cleaned for sure and there is an additive you can pit in the water bowl that eally helps too. Will your dog allow you to use a brush on his teeth? If so there is tooth paste for dogs.
    ALL of the ones we have used help a lot but just as mouth wash helps it is not as good as a cleaning at the dentist.
    My one dog just builds up tartar quicker that the other one and he has to get his teeth cleaned about every year. The other one, every other year but the groomers always brush their teeth for me when they go in so what I use just slows down the build up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• I've never heard of the spray; I'll have to check into it. But if your dog will let you put your hand in his mouth, there's beef-flavored toothpaste you can use. Just dab some on a bit of gauze, wrap the gauze around your finger, and rub, especially on the outside of the teeth, between the teeth and the lips. My dog loves the toothpaste.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2013