Does it make you sad and upset to see kids this way?

I work retail in a small town: so I pretty much see the same family's on a regular basis. There are a few who have children that so obese. They sit down on the floor and wait for their parents.
The one little girl that comes to mind first: She is so overweight. I pains me see her: knowing the health problems and probably teasing she endorses at school.
Granted I'm no beautiful queen: but it sadden me to see these kids.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Health

• I hear you.. kids should be happy, active, running around.. not worrying about being teased, because they will indeed be teased.. kids are mean. Their parents should step up and do something to help & make their kids happy.. like they should be.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• yes
    There is a boy at my son's school that has to be over 200 lbs,and he's 13
    He's out of breath and sweating walking down the stairs
    He looks like he gained at least 50 lbs over the summer
    The poor kid is spilling out of his clothes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Yes it is sad. My co worker's son is 6 and weighs 110. She has him in football but says he cannot run, just stands around. He eats like a grown man and I have never heard of her saying he eats any fruits or veggies.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Yes. It hurts me not only for the health issues, but the self esteem issues they must have.

I deleted a friend from FB recently. She's constantly checking in at the gym, bragging about her cross fit regime, posting pics of herself in triathlons. Yet, her 9 yr old daughter is morbidly obese, and is never included. Im not exaggerating in the least. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew I was about to blow a gasket. Thankfully, yesterday the little girl's brand new step mom posted a pic of her and the girl at a gym, saying she's starting to work out with her.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• It has always bothered me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• It's sad b/c of the health risks involved. But some kids can still be active & have weight issues. And as cruel as kids are, they can find a reason to tease no matter what. Wearing glasses, getting braces, you name it. They'll find a flaw & use it. It's sad. It's also sad that if a child or an adult is overweight, they are judged harshly for it. Like b/c they carry a few extra pounds that makes them less valuable of a human being. :(
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• It's not just a few extra pounds - it's really over weight. Like I said, I'm a few pounds overweight myself. I'm saying the one girl I'm thinking of her arms are like the size of my thigh. Probably morbidly obease.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Not really.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• It's sad to me that kids with what others perceive as flaws--weight issues, disabilities, braces, freckles, whatever--end up getting teased and feeling bad about themselves.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Over weight is something that is more controlled - braces, freckles etc - those are things not controlled.
    Over feeding your child ?? = child abuse?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2013