I need fun (but cheap) prize ideas for adults.

We have our monthly meeting next week and I am going to have my group do a scavenger hunt. I want to offer prizes but need ideas. All I have so far are gift cards ranging from $1-$5, cute notepads, and a few cute office supplies. Any other suggestions?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Money & Work

• You said "adult" and I got excited.

Damn. Not what you're looking for....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Airline sized bottles of booze.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 9:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• Scarfs, little flashlights, coffee mugs, flavored coffee packets, mittens, small photo albums. Try the dollar store!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• For sure the dollar store.

Check with area business to see if they have samples of products (like pens, pencils, mugs)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• you can order things with you group logo relatively cheap from places like overnightprints
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• The product samples is a good idea and maybe even freebie coupons for an entre or sandwich at an eatery. Many companies will like that idea because people talk and word of mouth sells more products that any other kind of advertising.
    Office supplies are good because, school supplies are still on sale.
    I do not know how big your company is or what your company does but if there are company items like t-shirts or lanyards etc. Those are good.
    Coffee or gas.
    DH say the very best he has been able to give as incentive is a day off, or a half day off. These people are salaried so that may not work. Of course they had to give notice at least a day ahead and they could not all take them on the same day.
    This is kind of off the wall but have you been to the dollar store? They have little flowers etc. that move in the sunlight.
    I have seen some of the perpetual motion puzzles in ours lately, too.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• picture frame,gift cards,bottle of wine,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• PGA, I was trying to word it so that it wouldn't sound like that. I guess I wasn't successful, lol.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• does each person get a prize or does the group share the prize. How many people? Do they find the prizes on the scavenger hunt or are they awarded after?
    How many people and what is your budget? I assume a mixture of ages and sexes?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• There will be between 10-12 people there, mostly women but there will be 2-3 young men (late teens/early twenty's). They will split into two groups of 5-6 and each group will be given a sheet with riddles or questions. For example, one of the questions will be "How many peacocks are currently displayed downtown?". They will have to go down town to count them. There will be 4 questions total and each answer will have a number as the answer. Once they have four numbers they will be able to return to our meeting room and unlock a box with the prizes in it. Every one will get a prize, however, the first team gets first choice. There will be 5-6 "better" prizes and 5-6 "good" prizes. I am wanting to stay around $20-30. 

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2013