Iowa pastor rapes boys to "cure" them of homosexuality

And it's looking like he won't even spend real time in jail for it.

What is wrong with people that they let people get away with this kind of thing with just a slap on the wrist?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Religious Debate

• This is why people equate gay with being a pedophile. Because of sick religious bastards such as this. Where are the church leaders standing up and speaking out against such crimes? Until the religious right begin to actually take a stand against pedophilia and reminding people that being gay is neither shameful nor something that has to be cured, sick bastards will continue to use it as an easy scapegoat for their own sickness.
    This brainwashing has to stop. And the idea that raping anyone is merely a misstep that requires nothing more than a finger waving punishment.
    I feel sick.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• nnh_mama - do we know that the parents were sending the kids to be "cured"? Maybe they believed they were sending the kids to a youth group activity.

This is shocking and disgusting, and right in my own area. I watch my kids pretty carefully and I don't trust anyone to be alone with them. The guy should have been put away for many years.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I really am at a loss for words. I don't imagine that works out for anyone. Hopefully karma gets him before too long. Though the state should even before that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• If he made into the prison system, hoping he gets what jeofery dahlmer got
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Isn't there a single decent person in Iowa, that can make this right??? appeals, etc??? this is sick beyond words..and he should not get away with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Okay, that's just seriously fucked up. It turns my stomach.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I can not say what is wrong with them. I will say if he truly believes what was said in the article he needs some time in a mental institution.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• This is when marshal law should b declared and we shank him!!! Or put him in a room full of hungry mice him covered in peanut butter so we can "cure" him of his pedophile
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• heartbreaking
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

•                                                                                     THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2013