If you took your bf's mom to the hospital, wouldn't you call her family?

My brother's girlfriend took my mom to the hospital today because she happened to be nearby when my mom suddenly needed to go. My mom sent me a text to call the girlfriend. So, I called her and she was telling me what was going on. I asked her if my dad knew and she told me she didn't know. WHAT?!?! Sorry but if I take my bf's mom to the hospital, my 1st phone call is to her husband, followed by a phone call or text to the siblings (at least 1 so they can pass the word on).

My mom is very sick and I think it was wrong of the chick not to call my dad at the very least. Sure I'm glad that she drove my mom and that's the only reason I'm not screaming at her right now. I am frustrated.

Am I wrong?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 10:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• I guess it would depend on the situation. Was it an emergency and she just didn't have time to make a call? Maybe she panicked and it didn't cross her mind to call. Does she have his phone number?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• She might have driven her, but not being a family member, she may not have had access to what was going on, she also might not have everyone's phone numbers right then and there.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• If the situation were reversed, would you not have assumed tha the woman who called her daughter to relay the message to you would have called her husband?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• It was an emergency, she does have his number (as well as my number)
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• She had access to what was going on and she has everyone's numbers.

If the roles were reversed, I would have called her husband even if I assumed someone else had. If I was the 1 that drove her there, I would make sure her husband and kids knew as much as I did.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• My brother's girlfriend took my mom to the hospital today because she happened to be nearby when my mom suddenly needed to go.

How did your mom get in touch with the GF?
    Via phone or text?
    Why didn't your mom contact someone else (relative)?
    Why didn't mom message a relative as she was headed to hospital?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• I would not worry too much about it...how is Mom?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• I think I have the whole story now. Mom called my brother to see if he would take her but he was busy. His gf pulled in the driveway and said she would do it. My mom did text me, after she was already there and just told me to call the gf.

So now I'm wondering why my brother didn't call me and what he was doing that he was so busy that he couldn't drive her.

My mom has pneumonia and bronchitis. Add that to the list of other medical problems she has and I'm very worried about her.
    I'm just worried that something is going to happen and I won't get the chance to say goodbye to my mom.

Yeah, I'm a little emotional right now. But I'm venting on here rather than strangling someone or yelling at someone that I will regret yelling at tomorrow.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• If you can go see and be with your Mom.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2013

• You go ahead and vent, girl!! Give it hell!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2013