Is light discharge normal for a eleven year old girl? Could this mean she is about to get her period?

My twin girls, both have slight discharge. Nothing alarming, but I heard it was normal. Just want to know if any other moms experienced this with their daughters. Does this mean, it's almost time for them to get their period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I got my period at 11
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Discharge is like ear wax. Sweat, skin cells, vaginal lubrication, etc. Nothing more.
    It doesn't signal anything.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• With my girls I noticed it a good few years before they had their periods. It's normal and not signalling anything really.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• My had a couple of months before she actually started. It has been a number of years but I think it was just a couple of times during the month but maybe two days in a row so that she thought she might want to mention it. Her first period was like a mini on and then the next month is was more what you would normally expect.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2013