Who got to name your baby?

First baby SO picked the first name and I picked the middle name

Second baby I picked the first name and he picked the middle name.

I still don't like his name choices. Too late though.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Baby Names

• Me, myself and I!!! Didn't give his "father" a choice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• We decided together,and loved his name
    It fits him perfectly

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• We agreed on all four. Though I suppose I actually picked them all.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Actually you can go to court and get them changed if you want (grin)

I would like to tell you one or the other of us but in truth each of the babies told me their names.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I guess, in a roundabout sort of way, SO named her. He wanted the baby to have my middle name, which I was okay with. I suggested a couple of first names that I thought went with it. One he kind of liked and one he completely vetoed, and then he made a suggestion that just fit and I agreed to it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• We narrowed it down to two names, and when DS had just been born, I got to have the final decision when I was still high on pain relief. Made a good choice though!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Our son's first name was actually both of our (DH and myself) first choice. So that was a happy coincidence. I chose his middle name. When I suggested it DH loved it. So picking his name was really easy. We even have names picked out for if we ever have another boy or a girl. I guess we just think similarly enough...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• My oldest - we both kind of did. My ex wanted to give him a name that is actually a nickname for his actual name. I said I'd agree to give him the actual name, and we could call him the nickname if he wanted us to (which, for the record, the child does not! lol).

My youngest - I named him myself. My ex and I were divorcing and he was in jail. On top of that, I was positive he was going to be a girl, so I only had a girl name. So I had to sit there in the hospital and come up with a name. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• We decided together on a few names but ultimately I made the last choice. I did all the work :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Well with first, we basically compromised. It was the only name that we both could agree on. I chose his middle name, though. My DH chose our DD name. It seemed like we'd never find a name we both liked, so I told him I could live with the name he liked.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2013