pcsing

single mom of two little ones and need help with housing and childcare, for my two little babies. pcsing from germany to san antonio and assistance would be greatly appreciated

dannimarie74

Asked by dannimarie74 at 2:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Military

• I am guessing you are the one in the military? The military will help you with all that. At least they should. The military pays for a certain amount of days in a hotel. They have day cares on post/base. You are suppose to be assigned some one at your unit to help you with all this .

Answer by louise2 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• If you are coming from Germany then you have been in the service long enough to know how to find all of that and it isn't on Cafemom. Ask for a sponsor so you can ask a person at that base for real advice.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• wow ok, I thought maybe someone on here was a single mom and could help, I see now thats not the case. For anyone that has been in LONG ENOUGH, not everywhere offers a sponsorship program i know this because when I got here I didnt have one and was on my own with a small child. Looks like this is a site for....nothing like asking for help and being treated like an outsider, nice job CAFEMOM, appreciate the help.....lack there of
    dannimarie74

Comment by dannimarie74 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• ^^Not true. Both people gave you good advice. If you're asking if someone on CM can actually provide you housing and child care then this isn't the place to do that and you're not going to get offers.

You DO need to talk to someone on base. There are people who facilitate this stuff and no one here can do that.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Well, are you in the military? Or a spouse of someone in the military?
    Every time we PCSed. We had someone from his unit help us. The first few days or weeks.

Answer by louise2 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Don't go looking to CM answers for advice on PCSing. There are maybe 5 of us affiliated with the military and various branches at that. Military Moms group might help you more.

Anyone who had been in LONG ENOUGH would also know each place is different.

There are numerous bases here in SA and they all have different ways of handling incoming personnel.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2013