how do I appeal an open adoption in Massachusetts

The courts and dcf forced me to sign my son that I love tio open adoption. I have reasonable evidence to appeal. Can I appeal Afghan open adoption?

lauran0660

Asked by lauran0660 at 4:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Adoption

• This is a great question for a family lawyer. Many do free consultations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• You should talk to an attorney. You will have a better chance if you have professional representation.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I'm not qualified to answer your question, but I hope you find someone who is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Anyone at any time can request the family courts to review the situation. A lawyer will take your case and your money should she think you have a case. It's called coercion. If a parent was coerced into signing over their legal rights, threatened or bribed, then it would be illegal. Standard of proof would be hard to come by. Letters, e-mails, voice mails? Perhaps a money trail? It would be very difficult to prove this. Chances are slim to known you have the standard of proof needed to have a judge decide this is worth reviewing. Even if a lawyer took your case a judge can decide not to hear it based on whatever proof you provide. It honestly would have to be some pretty damn good incriminating information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• If you have information that demonstrates social services knowingly provided false or misleading information that would be another avenue. It would have to be such overwhelmingly clear information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Ask an attorney
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2014