what stops a woman from ovalating

my boyfriend and i have been trying for almost for 7 years with no luck.. i was told by my sister years to go to use ovalation strips.. im not a strong believer in finding other ways of concieveing. when i purches the strips and tried them it showed i ovalated one day and the next two days i didnt,, so can anyone help me out here. could it still be possible for me to concieve before its to late

candycrush232

Asked by candycrush232 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you talked to your OB about this issue? A simple blood test can show abnormalities
    It could be him too,you know

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• You need to see a doctor about this. The problem may lie with you, with your partner or be a combined issue. You need to get properly tested to find out what is stopping you from conceiving and dealing with it. Home remedies are not even in the same league. MAke an appointment today.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Well you do only ovulate one day... you release one egg, however your fertile time can be a day or 2 before that and after that, depending on how long his sperm survives.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• There are tons of reasons. See your gynecologist.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Lots of things. Talk to your doctor now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• You do only ovulate ONE day a month, so that's why the strip will only show you ovulating one day.

But I'll be honest; for me the test kits were liars. Said I was ovulating when I was NOT and said I was NOT ovulating when I released the egg that became my son! What worked: tracking my fertile days using the method in "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. I was charting and using the OPK in tandem. OPK said no egg. Chart said yes. I went by the chart. The result is now 14 and eating me out of house and home!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• When an ovulation strip is positive, you *should* ovulate within 24 hours. You only release one egg a month so you should only get 1 positive. Have sex within three days of seeing a positive result. Other than that eat healthy and make sure he is too. It's not always the female who has fertility issues. You can go into Walgreens and pick up a sperm test to see if he has a lower than average sperm count or not.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Maybe
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 6:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2014