Does anyone here have recipe software? I'm looking at both Mastercook & Living Cookbook.

If you use software to organize your recipes what do you have? What do you like about it? What do you wish was different. I want to be able to analyze nutrition, and easily enter recipes or download them from the internet

ohwrite

Asked by ohwrite at 11:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I've used MasterCook for over 10 years, but I haven't tried Living.

I really love MC. I like best that I can add my individual ingredient brand's nutritional information rather than use their standard database for items.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I just have a folder in my kitchen...lol. I didn't know software for stuff like that. Well, I guess it doesn't really surprise me, but I've never given it much thought.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I've just got books of recipes I've brailled over the years, and some on my computer.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I just use Pinterest and prop my Kindle in my kitchen cabinet!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Too funny PartyGalAnne. I also use pinterest AND my kindle, but I want to be able to put my own recipes, and to analyze the nutrition on any recipe I use. I'm surprised so few people have recipe software. I had an old version of mastercook for about 15 years, but it doesn't work on my new computer of course! And really needed some updating anyway.
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I had an older version of MasterCook, and I did love it. After doing a lot of research I decided to go with Living Cookbook. When I get used to it and have it all figured out, I'll let you guys know how I like it!
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2013